Opening: War Game Specialist
Newport, RI - Full Time - Posted April 15, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site War Game Specialist located in Newport, RI. The successful candidate will provide support for sophisticated war gaming conducted for projects that may include relevant and timely military topics such as C4ISR, Regional Security, Cyber Operations, Executive Military Education, Curriculum and Scenario Development, and Irregular Warfare. Projects frequently support Flag/SES/PhD level efforts of the Center for Naval Warfare Studies, Strategy and Policy and other NWC Departments. Projects are designed to help identify and address future war fighting issues, strengthen maritime security, and develop cooperative strategies.
- Support War Gaming and Research activities. Support the development and execution of NWC research events, including war games, formal lectures, discussions, workshops, or conference proceedings, which integrate material from multiple sources and perspectives into finished products.
- Provide support to the NWC academic enterprise, including support for curriculum development, curriculum modification, and classroom instruction to assist NWC in its mission to provide students with a better understanding of emerging strategic and operational challenges.
- Provide support to NWC research programs, including: research and analysis support on subjects of current and future concern to the maritime security community. Support the development of new technical and analytic products, utilizing operational research methodologies.
- Support Executive Education programs, which are designed to develop senior naval leaders. This effort will provide research and analysis support for the development of leadership curriculum, including advanced classified planning scenarios.
- Develop studies and present oral and written reports, discussion papers, research papers and articles on specific analytic issues. These efforts may involve development of studies, surveys, content analysis, data collection and analysis for focus groups, seminars and conferences.
- Design, development, execution and analysis of military war games across a wide spectrum of political, military, economic, and information-based games.
- Provide gaming expertise based on theory and practice; apply best practices and current gaming research.
- Conduct analytical analysis on game results.
- Produce executive reports and presentations.
- Military warfare qualification (any service)
- CONOPS, tactics, threat capabilities, targeting, sensor/collection techniques, targeting, operational planning, execution and assessment, and operations analysis.
- Joint Professional Military Education or experience in joint military operations desired.
- Experience with doctrine, missions, functions, tasks and military processes, exercise design, scenario development a plus.
- Must possess or be eligible for and maintain a DOD top secret security clearance.
Bachelors required; MA/MS Preferred
- 10-15 years military operational/intelligence experience
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent observation and analysis skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Experience with games that incorporate some of the following C4I tools: FalconView / PFPS / STK / BMD-ISIM / Google Earth (Enterprise) / JFAST / JSAF / GCCS / C2PC / MIPS
Commensurate with education and experience
Apply to this Job