Opening: Underwater Surface Warfare (USW) Subject Matter Expert, Researcher, and Analyst
Newport, RI - Full Time - Posted April 15, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Underwater Surface Warfare (USW) Subject Matter Expert, Researcher, and Analyst located in Newport, RI. The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise in Under Sea Warfare. Additionally, provide services as a USW researcher and analyst. Provide expertise in USW operations from a command perspective. Perform work as a researcher in USW Operations at the post-graduate level.
- Support War Gaming and Research activities. Support the development and execution of NWC research events, including war games, formal lectures, discussions, workshops, or conference proceedings, which integrate material from multiple sources and perspectives into finished products.
- Provide support to the NWC academic enterprise, including support for curriculum development, curriculum modification, and classroom instruction to assist NWC in its mission to provide students with a better understanding of emerging strategic and operational challenges.
- Provide support to NWC research programs, including: research and analysis support on subjects of current and future concern to the maritime security community. Support the development of new technical and analytic products, utilizing operational research methodologies.
- Support Executive Education programs, which are designed to develop senior naval leaders. This effort will provide research and analysis support for the development of leadership curriculum, including advanced classified planning scenarios.
- Develop studies and present oral and written reports, discussion papers, research papers and articles on specific analytic issues. These efforts may involve development of studies, surveys, content analysis, data collection and analysis for focus groups, seminars and conferences.
- Must have operational experience in US Navy operational and/or sea systems commands conducting CONOPS, doctrine and TTPs with underwater surface warfare units and systems with expertise across:
- Undersea weapons and expendable systems;
- Surface Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) weapons and expendable systems;
- Surface Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Sensor Systems;
- Submarine C4I Systems;
- Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical Systems (SWFTS);
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV);
- Research and report relevant trends and progress in naval underwater surface programs engaging with service and OSD staffs, program offices, and contractors to ensure adequacy and thoroughness of insights and understanding.
- Ability to quickly draft technical issue papers, staff summaries, memoranda, and briefings, including translating program technical issues into executive-level terms for senior decision makers and government staff assistants.
- Ability to prepare and present evaluation/assessment of test results to senior decision makers.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Service and OSD-level operating practices, Joint Staff, Service Component Headquarters, program office relationships and T&E execution organizations; knowledge of the functions and practices of the OSD organization and its responsibility for oversight of major defense acquisition programs.
- Excellent command and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess or be eligible for and maintain a DOD top secret security clearance.
Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field
- 12+ years' of experience with Master's Degree, or 9+ years of experience with a PhD.
Skills and Abilities
- Superior ability to present information clearly and concisely through both written and oral reports.
- Superior research, analytical, and evaluative skills, including the ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of disparate data on emerging and/or controversial issues.
Commensurate with education and experience
Apply to this Job