Opening: Tier II Service Desk Technician
Brunswick, GA - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies is seeking a full time, on-site Service Desk Technician in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Brunswick, Georgia. The Service Desk Technician Tier II assists with more in-depth computing issues or problems, the installation and/or maintenance of IT and computer related equipment, and the monitoring of computer systems and operations, as assigned.
- Meet established service level metrics for call response, technical support, and customer service.
- Input trouble calls into ticket tracking system. Ensure all relevant information is gathered and documented.
- Resolve trouble calls; in person at the help desk, over phone, through email, and on-site at customer′s office or training venue.
- Analyze and resolve trouble tickets utilizing tools such as remote desktop.
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems presented through Level I, II and III (when possible) Help Desk tickets.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and the network.
- Verify issue resolution on the customer′s behalf.
- Interface with infrastructure, database, and development personnel.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement.
- Assess and document configuration, user requirements, processes and procedures.
- HDI certification a plus.
- CompTIA A+ certification strongly desired.
- CompTIA Network+ certification strongly desired.
AS in Computer Science, Information Technology strongly preferred. Bachelor′s Degree in a STEM field preferred.
- Experience with Service Desk ticketing systems and workflows; familiarity with Avanti′s HEAT enterprise IT Service Desk Management System is a plus.
- Three or more years of detailed experience in providing end user systems support or related field.
- Support with end-user devices.
- Experience with MacOS.
Service Desk Technician Tier II position requires US citizenship. Active SECRET Clearance strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of ticketing systems with ability to clearly and concisely log tickets.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to use tact in handling difficult individuals and/or situation.
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to actively listen, ask questions, and evaluate IT related issues.
- Ability to organize and direct hardware installations on site surveys, as required.
- Ability to coordinate post installation operations and maintenance support.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job