Opening: Tier I Service Desk Technician
Brunswick, GA - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies is seeking a full time, on-site Service Desk Technician Tier I in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Brunswick, Georgia. The Service Desk Technician Tier I typically assists with fundamental computing issues or problems, triage, research, ticket creation, and resolution of basic incidents and customer requests. If the IT Service Desk technician is unsuccessful in finding an answer to the IT related issue, he/she will make a referral or escalate the problem to the Tier II IT service desk consultants or other appropriate support personnel.
- Input trouble calls into ticket tracking system. Ensure all relevant information is gathered and documented.
- Resolve trouble calls; in person at the help desk, over phone, and/or through email.
- Analyze and resolve trouble tickets utilizing tools such as remote desktop.
- When required, recognize and escalate more difficult problems to Tier 2 support.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement.
- Meet established service level metrics for call response, technical support, and customer service.
- A+ certification desired.
- HDI certification a plus.
Associate′s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or completion of IT related coursework at a technical school desired.
- Experience with using Service Desk ticketing systems and workflows, familiarity with Avanti′s HEAT enterprise IT Service Desk Management System a plus.
- One year or greater of detailed experience in providing end user systems support or related field.
- Support with end-user devices.
Service Desk Technician (Tier I) position requires US citizenship. Active SECRET Clearance strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic Knowledge and skills in the use of ticketing systems with ability to clearly and concisely log tickets.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to use tact in handling difficult individuals and/or situation.
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to actively listen, ask questions, and evaluate IT related issues.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job