Opening: Telecommunications Equipment Installer
Keyport, WA - Full Time - Posted March 30, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Telecommunications Equipment Installer in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division (NUWC Keyport), located in Keyport, WA. Telecommunications Management consists of the operation, ordering, delivery, and cancellation of data circuits, voice circuits, and cellular services.
- Must have familiarity with the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Direct Order Entry Process.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate accounting of all Keyport data circuits.
- Provide monthly metrics on cellular usage to include under-utilization, over-utilization, and zero usage.
- Must be able to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Must have basic mechanical aptitude
- Adaptability and being able to work individually and in a team environment
- A minimum of three years of full-time professional experience working with voice and data circuits and three (3) years of full-time professional experience working with the DISA Direct Order Entry (DDOE) process.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to carry, climb, operate and work upon an extension ladder, (approximately 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of the equipment
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in confined spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to operate computer or test equipment associated with the position
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs in addition to an extension ladder)
- Ability to use hand tools in the manner for which they were intended including electric drills, hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers
- Ability to safely walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment including ladders and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to work while standing 50 to 70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wire to make cable connections
- Ability to multitask, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines required
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Upon award of contract.
Apply to this Job