Opening: System Administrator I
Keyport, WA - Full Time - Posted March 30, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site System Administrator in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division (NUWC Keyport), located in Keyport, WA. The successful candidate will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the company computer systems, servers, firewalls, email, internet, and data security systems. The Systems Administrator ensures that internal IT structure of the enterprise remains up to date. Responsible for averting possible cyber-attacks as per company policy and procedures, and actively resolves problems and issues with computer and server systems.
- Perform system administration functions including maintaining hardware, ensuring operating systems, application software, and security patch levels are up to date.
- Monitor Windows automated update service and apply manual updates when needed.
- Maintain system configuration documents.
- Maintain network integrity and connectivity, ensure compliance with information security
- policies and maintain system backup and recovery capability.
- Perform operating system builds and rebuilds.
- Review IAVA and STIGs for supported operating systems and implement as required.
- Ensure compliance by using mandated and government provided automated scanning tools, and provide mitigations as applicable.
- Document system configuration and create images utilizing various tools.
- Awarded and current certification(s) in accordance with DoD Cybersecurity Workforce policy requirements (required)
- Required: A minimum of three years of experience performing system administration of Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Desired: Microsoft Software Engineering Certification and a minimum of one year of experience in any or all of the following: (1) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), (2) web application server, and(3) network engineering.
DoD Top Secret
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Upon award of contract.
Apply to this Job