Opening: SQL Database Administrator
Brunswick, GA - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies is seeking a full time, on-site SQL Database Administrator to provide technical direction and engineering knowledge for database support activities. Support will be provided to the Enterprise Information Technology Support Services (EITSS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) in Brunswick, Georgia. A successful candidate will be customer-focused, responsive, reliable, and detail-oriented with solid leadership, technical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Work productively, independently, multi-task, and manage priorities effectively.
- Design, install, configure, backup, administer, manage, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose, test, monitor, and document Microsoft SQL databases.
- Manage Microsoft SQL Servers and legacy databases in a variety of formats, including but not limited to flat files, FoxPro, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Provide technical guidance on new database solutions that could help to optimize current and/or future applications/systems.
- Provide database technical guidance and DBA support for application development.
- Provide database tuning to improve overall performance.
- Provide Microsoft SQL Server general user and administrative support.
- Monitor and maintain database files and review audit logs in order to identify potential issues.
- Ensure that database sizes, drive space, I/0 throughput, memory utilization, and logs are properly maintained to maximize system security, performance levels, and availability.
- Identify and migrate the legacy data assets into newly designed databases.
- Understand supporting database systems that have been relocated to a public or private cloud.
- Understand SQL database clustering and database syncing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Security + highly desired
- MCSA and Developing Microsoft SQL Server Databases certifications highly desired
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in computer science, system analysis or a related field required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Minimum of five years of hands-on design, implementation, and administration of databases in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or 2016 is required.
US citizenship required. Active DoD Secret Security Clearance desired.
Skills and Abilities
- SQL database administration
- Reviewing logs and troubleshooting
- Designing and implementing SQL databases
- Experience working with FLETC desired
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job