Opening: Service Desk Tier III
Artesia, NM - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies is seeking a full-time on-site Service Desk Technician - Tier III in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Trainer Center (FLETC) located in Artesia, NM. The Service Desk Technician Tier III typically assists with fundamental computing issues or problems, triage, research, ticket creation and resolution of incidents and customer requests along with maintaining the IT environment. IT Service Desk Technician will also provide limited network and server onsite support for remote administrators.
- Work productively, independently, multi-task, and manage priorities effectively.
- Provide Tier I and II support of incidents/problems as required.
- Input trouble calls into ticket tracking system.
- Ensure all relevant information is gathered and documented when resolving issues/problems.
- Resolve trouble calls in person, over phone, and/or through email
- Analyze and resolve trouble tickets utilizing tools such as remote desktop.
- When required, recognize and escalate more difficult problems.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement.
- Ensure all IT equipment has been barcoded and tracked in asset tracking. Perform audits of environment for compliance as required.
- Install, troubleshoot, deploy, build/upgrade and image Windows operating systems and other Microsoft software.
- Aid remote Server Administrators and Network Administrators as required including limited maintenance of server and network systems.
- Develop and create documentation and support materials.
- Support other sites remotely as required.
- If designated as lead service desk technician, may act as local Service Desk Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- CompTIA A+ certification desired
- CompTIA Security+ certification desired
- CompTIA Network+ certification desired
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree desired but not necessary.
- Experience using Service Desk ticketing systems and workflows, familiarity with Avanti’s HEAT enterprise IT Service Desk Management System a plus
- Help Desk/Desktop Support: 1-5 years or greater of detailed experience in providing end user systems support or related field
- Experience training junior Service Desk Technicians including using Service Desk ticketing systems and workflows
- Familiarity with Avanti’s HEAT enterprise IT Service Desk Management System desired
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory Group Policy, enterprise encryption and McAfee security is a plus.
- Experience with MacOS and JAMF suite a plus.
US citizenship required. Active DoD Secret Security Clearance preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with using Service Desk ticketing systems and workflows with ability to clearly and concisely log tickets.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to use tact in handling difficult individuals and/or situation.
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to actively listen, ask questions, and evaluate IT related issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot workstations in a domain environment, including group policy, encryption and imaging through System Center Configuration Manager.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job