Opening: Service Desk Technician
Artesia, NM - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies is seeking full time, on-site Service Desk Technicians in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Artesia, NM. The Service Desk Technician resolves trouble tickets, manages IT infrastructure inventory data, and assists with overseeing vendors providing services in the facility.
- Meet established service level metrics for call response, technical support, and customer service.
- Resolve trouble calls; in person at the help desk, over phone, through email and on-site at customer’s office or training venue
- Prioritize and coordinate daily IT services requirements
- Provide surge/temporary support to other sites as required remotely
- When required, recognize and escalate more difficult problems.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement
- Meet established service level metrics for call response, technical support and customer service.
- Ensure all IT equipment has been barcoded and tracked in asset tracking. Perform audits of environment for compliance as required.
- CompTIA A+ certification strongly desired
- CompTIA Network+ certification a plus
- CompTIA Security+ certification a plus
Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or completion of IT related coursework at a technical school desired.
- Using Service Desk ticketing systems and workflows, familiarity with Avanti’s HEAT enterprise IT Service Desk Management System desired.
- At least one year of experience in providing end user systems support or related field.
- Experience with MacOS and JAMF suite a plus.
US citizenship required. Active SECRET clearance strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent personal customer service skills with ability tactfully handle difficult individuals and/or situations
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communications, writing, and strong listening skills are essential.
- Ability to actively listen, ask questions, and analytically assess IT related issues
- Basic knowledge and skills in use of ticketing systems with ability to clearly and concisely log tickets.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job