Opening: SCCM Administrator
Glynco, GA - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies is seeking a full time, on-site SCCM Administrator to join as a senior member of our service desk team, in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Glynco, Georgia. The SCCM Administrator will design and maintain all aspects of past, present, and future Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager environment(s) which includes; server infrastructure, administrator console, software/hardware inventory, and software distribution. Primary responsibilities include Microsoft patch management, application distribution, operating system deployment, and data collection via SCCM reporting. SCCM Administrators must be knowledgeable in multiple areas of technology including client computer hardware, operating systems, end-user desktop software, end-user device security management and patching via SCCM for both desktops and servers. SCCM Administrator must be knowledgeable in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Site System Roles, Boundaries, Distribution Point management, and basic networking principles.
- Provide leadership in Windows and Desktop administration.
- Provide input to the collection, analysis, and reporting of operational data for use in metrics, maintenance, performance tuning, server availability and capacity planning for future enhancements/upgrades.
- Work with multiple teams to remotely deliver upgrades, updates, patches, and deployment of new applications.
- Provide knowledge transfer to insure other department associates are trained on functions of SCCM
- Manage local and remote site boundaries, site systems, site roles, inter-site dependencies and communication.
- Participate, oversee, and execute the building and maintenance of enterprise desktop images including managing multi-vendor device drivers.
- Install, update, tune, and assess FLETC IT Enterprise internal and third-party applications.
- Tier 3 Service Desk tasks, as assigned during incident and workload surges
- CompTIA Security+ highly desired.
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) highly desired.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field desired.
- Previous experience with FLETC a plus.
- Desktop Engineering: 2 years required.
SCCM Administrator position requires US citizenship; active SECRET Clearance strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates personal initiative with minimal direction.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to interpret data.
- Ability to add/remove/change programs available in SCCM Application Catalog.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and consultative skills.
- Troubleshooting and correcting complex deployment issues.
- Active Management of end user devices through SCCM/Group Policy
- Administrator knowledge of and familiarity with McAfee Enterprise, Dell Data Protection Encryption and WSUS.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job