Dayton, OH - Contract - Posted May 12, 2021
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site SC Engineering Lead in support of the National Air & Space Intelligence Center (NASIC), located in Dayton, Ohio (Wright Patt). The successful candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions for Mission Needs based on industry best practice and DoD/IC guidance. They provide state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying, and troubleshooting highly complex computer systems. They engineer solutions for multiple networks (To include, but not limited to, DTIC-TS, DTIC-S, Cornerstone-Top Secret, Cornerstone-Secret, MNIS, Cornerstone-Top Secret, Cornerstone-Secret, & NIPRNet). They engineer solutions that work in the local private Cloud (VMware), the Intelligence Community (IC) Commercial Cloud Service (C2S) and ensure automation technologies allow for solutions that work across both in a Hybrid Cloud environment. They participate in technical reviews, teams, and discussions as needed to include: Engineering Review Teams (ERT), project and other technical implementation teams, and the Architecture Engineering Review Panel (AERP).
• Design/develop/evaluate, document, and test secure designs for new or existing mission and enterprise needs/requirements. Ensure that the design meets customer, strategic, and cybersecurity requirements for the system. Test designs in the approved development and testing environments and assist system administrators with integration and implementation in the integration and production environments.
• Plan, configure, test, and document Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, and CentOS workstation/server migrations. Document configurations and security approvals. Assist system administrators with integration and implementation.
• Perform installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical assistance and/or training in response to system administrator requirements for the NASIC IT environment
• Engineer solutions to operate as virtual systems under VMware and Amazon’s Top Secret Commercial Cloud Service (C2S) and Secret C2S (SC2S).
• Develop, or evaluate, and test automation of IT-related tasks for all system designs. Test automation in approved test environment. Assist system administrators with integration and implementation of automation.
• Design solutions for container technology, container monitoring, and micro services
• Develop, support, and troubleshoot scripts for automation of IT-related tasks for all system designs. Test automation in approved test environment. Assist system administrators with integration and implementation of automation.
• Support and troubleshoot scripts written in Microsoft Powershell, Python, bash, and/or perl. Use automation tools like vRealize Automation, Ansible, puppet, and/or chef. Use software defined techniques and integration with RESTful API’s. Utilize the CI/CD pipeline and Platform processes and tools to test and approve all scripts including using the approved coding repository (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins, Subversion)
• Be a Subject matter expert on emerging technologies
• Analyze security and regulatory compliance and make recommendations to ensure compliance and minimize security risks and insider threats. • Provide input to risk assessment activities and related documentation. • Develop, test, and implement scripts. • Draft/coordinate/update design, architecture, implementation, and security documentation and artifacts including engineering references, implementation instructions, and security compliance documentation • Research, evaluate and provide feedback on problematic IT architecture, operation and cybersecurity trends and patterns. • Work with system engineers and administrators to jointly resolve system availability, integrity, and confidentiality. • Provide support to system engineers and system developers regarding correction of functionality, availability, and security problems identified during testing. • Develop IT architectures and designs with capacity, performance confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements. • Assist to develop/maintain/coordinate/update system engineering processes and procedures related to configuration management and architecture standards and changes. • Support systems integration between current and new services, operating systems, servers and applications as required. • Provide engineering technical support and documentation for upgrades, integration, installation, implementation, and deployment for current and future Microsoft products. • Provide high-level (tier-4) troubleshooting and remediation for all Microsoft products and technologies on an ad-hoc basis IAW established procedures and processes. • Provide expert-level Group Policy analysis, design, configuration and management to support configuration management, confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements. • Support systems engineering branch for cybersecurity integration including role-based access control, DISA Security Implementation Guidance (STIG) implementation, OS deployment configuration, and preparing and presenting presentations, papers, and documentation, as required. • Support daily activities of the Systems Engineering Branch to include internal/external document reviews, solution development for communication system requirements documents (CSRD)incident requests, and service requests. • Integrate and support new and emerging technologies such as high-performance cluster computing, cloud integration, desired configuration management and database management. • Provide functional area reports weekly, summarizing work accomplished, work planned, and important issues occurring during the week (CDRL A001).
• IA Workforce System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level II (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner) certification • VMware Certified Technical Associate or VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization • Red Hat Certified System Administrator or similar Linux certification • Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – Core Infrastructure • Amazon Web Services certified Cloud Practitioner or Amazon Web Services SysOps Administrator
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 7-10 years of IT experience and 3+ years of cybersecurity experience for an enterprise-level organization.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance required
Commensurate with education and experience.
Upon award of contract.Apply to this Job