Opening: ORACLE Database Administrator
Keyport, WA - Full Time - Posted March 30, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site ORACLE Database Administrator in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division (NUWC Keyport), located in Keyport, WA. The successful candidate will be customer-focused, responsive, reliable, and detail-oriented with solid leadership, technical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Create and maintain, development, test, and production databases including primary storage structures and objects.
- Perform capacity planning, database tuning and optimization, system resource planning and allocation, and implementation of backup and recovery strategies.
- Control and monitor user access to the database. Implement and enforce appropriate security protocols in accordance with DoD standards.
- Implement Information Assurance & Vulnerabilities Assessments (IAVA) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) as required. Provide technical support to application development teams.
- Perform evaluation and implementation of new database technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with availability, performance, and integrity of the databases.
- Awarded and current certification(s) in accordance with DoD Cybersecurity Workforce policy requirements.
- ORACLE Certified Professional (OCP) certification (Desired)
Four-Year or higher Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree from an ABET-accredited program
- Required: A minimum of five years of dedicated ORACLE database administration experience in combination with ORACLE Certified Professional (OCP) certification can substitute for the education requirement.
- Required: A minimum of three years of experience performing database administration of ORACLE 12c (or higher) in a Real Application Cluster (RAC) environment.
- Desired: A professional certification in any or all of the following (listed in ascending order of importance): (1) ORACLE Certified Associate (OCA), (2) ORACLE Certified Professional (OCP), or (3) ORACLE Certified Master (OCM). A minimum of one year of experience with any or all of the following technologies: (1) Oracle Cloud Control, (2) Recovery Manager (RMAN), and (3) web application server.
DoD Top Secret
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Upon award of contract.
Apply to this Job