Opening: Operational Level Planning Subject Matter Expert and Analyst
Newport, RI - Full Time - Posted April 15, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Operational Level Planning Subject Matter Expert and Analyst located in Newport, RI. The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise in Naval/Joint Operational Planning Processes. Perform work providing advanced military operational planning education (Joint Military Operations / Advanced Warfare Schools). Develop course curriculum supporting Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) level courses.
- Provide support to the NWC academic enterprise, including support for curriculum development, curriculum modification, and classroom instruction to assist NWC in its mission to provide students with a better understanding of emerging strategic and operational challenges.
- Provide support to NWC research programs, including: research and analysis support on subjects of current and future concern to the maritime security community. Support the development of new technical and analytic products, utilizing operational research methodologies.
- Support Executive Education programs, which are designed to develop senior naval leaders. This effort will provide research and analysis support for the development of leadership curriculum, including advanced classified planning scenarios.
- Develop studies and present oral and written reports, discussion papers, research papers and articles on specific analytic issues. These efforts may involve development of studies, surveys, content analysis, data collection and analysis for focus groups, seminars and conferences.
- Must be Joint Qualified – completed JPME I, JPME II and a Joint Tour.
- Having graduated from an advanced military operational planning educational program (Joint Military Operations / Advanced Warfare Schools) strongly desired.
- Having served on training and education staffs with experience in developing course curriculum desired,
Graduate degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business Analytics
- Must have operational experience in Naval/Joint Operational Planning Processes with expert knowledge of JP 5.0 and NWP 5-01.
- Experience working on senior planning staffs including OPNAV, numbered fleet commands, and combatant commands (desired).
Skills and Abilities
- Previous military experience and experience working with echelon two military commands
- Have understanding of PESTONI and DOTMLPF-P metrics to assess future capabilities with experience supporting the POM process, and collective, integrated system of system capabilities to meet warfighter requirements
- Strong operations/systems analyst-type skills capable of assessing component-level (sensors, weapons, datalinks, mission planning, etc.), in-depth familiarity
- Well-grounded understanding of Navy doctrine, publications, the OFRP, emerging or developing concepts (e.g., Fleet Design; electromagnetic maneuver warfare) and naval/joint/combined operations (i.e., TTP; operational plans (OPLANs))
- Strong background leading and supporting collaborative efforts and mastery of staffing/coordination processes
- Broad staff experience and mastery over select requirements, resourcing, and acquisition processes supporting the PPBE
- Supplementing superior analytical skills, substantive ability to manage and grasp large amounts of data and convert to useful, relevant information
- Microsoft (MS) applications proficiencies to support professional quality briefs, reports, and papers, etc
Commensurate with education and experience
Apply to this Job