Windsor Mill, MD - Full Time - Posted August 25, 2021
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full-time, on-site Network Firewall Engineer in support of the GDIT, located in Windsor Mill, Maryland. The successful candidate will join ten other individuals as a Network and Firewall Engineering team responsible for providing network operations and project support for a high-level government program. The candidate must be familiar with networking and firewall concepts and technologies. They will develop, support, and maintain multi-vendor firewall technologies within the environment and associated sub-systems, including moves, adds, changes, fault isolation, and resolution. They will also be responsible for integrating new components into existing infrastructure, including system management tools, logging, and reporting capabilities.
• Provide analysis, research, and support to complex problems and processes
• Responsible for the development, configuration, and maintenance of the HIGLAS Firewalls
• Ability to troubleshoot firewall issues following deployment
• Maintain documentations, SOPs in all areas of the network
• Perform On-call support as part of team rotation
• Provide weekly status reports
• Plan and implement firewall configuration changes following strict change management process to ensure no downtime or impact to the critical infrastructure or applications • Work with vendor support engineers on escalation and ticket resolution, root cause analysis
Required • Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher certification • In-depth understanding of TCP/IP and OSI models Preferred • CCNP Security • PCNSA Certification
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years related experience or 10+ years related experience
Required • Firewall Administration: 5+ years • Cisco ASA firewalls: 5+ years • Palo Alto Firewalls: 3+ years • Experience configuring Cisco Firewalls (ASA and Firepower) • Experience configuring Palo Alto Firewalls • Experience configuring Cisco AnyConnect VPN, RSA and Client • Experience with SNOW (ServiceNow) Incident and Service Request management workflow • Experience with LAN/WAN networking equipment and protocols such as, but not limited to 802.1Q, TCP/UDP, IPv4, IPv6, NTP, DNS, DHCP, Ethernet, SNMP, SSH, TACACS, LDAP, and Syslog • Experience with Network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Preferred • RSA Engineering and Administration: 3+ years (Preferred) • Experience supporting and maintaining Fortinet firewalls (Preferred) • Firewall Engineering: 5 years (Preferred) • Experience with ExtraHop (preferred) • Experience with Out-of-Band console servers such as Vertiv Avocent (preferred) • Experience with InfoBlox IPAM (preferred)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance required
• Knowledge and ability to read packet captures utilizing Wireshark or similar tools (preferred) • ITIL Certification (preferred) • Understanding of Splunk queries/searches (preferred) • Cisco Client device administration/TACACS+ (preferred)
Commensurate with education and experience.
ASAPApply to this Job