Colorado Springs, CO - Full Time - Posted March 3, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Network Administrator in support of the US Air Force Academy (USAFA), located in Colorado Springs, CO. The Network Administrator shall provide support in the administration, configuration and maintenance of Local and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and Virtual Private Network (VPN) equipment and software. This includes items such as hubs, routers, switches, fiber and copper wiring, serial communication lines, and other communications systems. The Network Administrator shall ensure security procedures are implemented and observed and assist the Customer in establishing and implementing LAN/WAN/VPN policies, procedures and standards. Additionally, the Network Administrator will make certain that the LAN/WAN is capable of providing required services by supporting the network infrastructure through the use of troubleshooting and problem resolution in a production environment. Provide daily operational support for LAN/WAN networks, including firewalls, plan, install, and support hardware and software upgrades. The Network Administrator is required to resolve technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through the use of diagnostics and network administration and monitoring tools. An understanding of Management Information Blocks (MIB) and MRTG to measure, plan and execute methodologies to ensure high performance levels and minimum downtime.
• Support Open System Interconnection (OSI) model, fundamental networking and distributed computing environment. Configure shared file systems, check domain, DNS, or host information as needed.
• Install, configure, modify, update, upgrade, and troubleshoot various internetworking hardware and software including, items such as production and test hubs, routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, VPN devices, asynchronous transport mode (ATM) devices, and Channel Service Unit/Data Service Unit (CSU/DSU) devices in a LAN/WAN/VPN environment.
• Implement and maintain the security configurations and patch management for all networking devices (e.g. all switches and routers), using the DISA Layer 2 and Layer 3 STIGs, and ensure that all IOS patches are applied as appropriate onto the devices.
• Participate in network upgrade and expansion planning, as needed. • Schedule conversions and cutovers; coordinate with all responsible users and staff.
• Interface with external service provider personnel to troubleshoot issues and implement solutions. • Interface with other administrators to ensure PCs and servers are properly configured and performing optimally. • Interface and troubleshoot complex transport control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) networking protocols and dial-up networking, e.g., Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), RAS, UNIX/Linux, Domain Name Service (DNS), Point to Point Protocol (PPP), Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP). • Develop and maintain documentation on network administration processes, e.g., current network diagrams, copies of device configurations, etc. • Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN/VPN connectivity problems
• Security+CE • CCNA
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Five years of experience strongly preferred
DoD Secret (Active)
• Knowledge of NIPRNET and DISA networking • Network migration planning • Network administration for primarily Cisco equipment • Network problem troubleshooting • Network documentation updating and creation • Ensuring compliance network compliance with DoD Cybersecurity requirements • Preparing inputs to Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation in order to obtain and maintain an Authorization to Operate • Providing guidance to personnel planning new facilities with respect to networking requirements.
Commensurate with education and experience
ImmediateApply to this Job