Opening: Naval Operational Planning Subject Matter Expert and Trainer
Newport, RI - Full Time - Posted April 15, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Naval Operational Planning Subject Matter Expert and Trainer located in Newport, RI. The successful candidate will provide services for education and training of students (graduate level) in operational planning in a joint/maritime command center and senior staff. Provide instruction in the utilization of doctrine, missions, functions, tasks and processes that take place within a Maritime Operations Center (MOC). Perform work in the areas of exercise design, scenario development and the execution of war games at the Operational Level of War, using procedures contained in NWP 5-01, NWP 3-32, NTTP 3-32.1, and JP 3-32.
- Provide support to the NWC academic enterprise, and specifically the MOC, including support for curriculum development, curriculum modification, and classroom instruction to assist NWC in its mission to provide students with a better understanding of emerging strategic and operational challenges for joint operations.
- Produce scenario documents, and other data, to include plans, official orders, and Orders of Battle/force structure for a Joint Force Commander, service/functional components, coalition forces, government agencies and adversary forces.
- Identify training requirements and develop program plans.
- Develop curriculum, instructor guides, student guides and supporting materials in the appropriate media.
- Apply current science of learning and instructional design theories to develop processes, techniques and equipment as necessary to support training and education.
- Research, collect, document, and analyze current operational-level processes, procedures, and doctrine used by the Navy and Joint Forces.
- Develop course requirements documents, an integrated lesson plan, and other curriculum design documents.
- Research will also include development of courseware,
- Support Executive Education programs, which are designed to develop senior naval leaders. This effort will provide research and analysis support for the development of leadership curriculum, including advanced joint operational planning scenarios.
- Develop studies and present oral and written reports, discussion papers, research papers and articles on specific analytic issues. These efforts may involve development of studies, surveys, content analysis, data collection and analysis for focus groups, seminars and conferences.
- Military service operational experience through Field Grade officer required.
- Joint Qualified – completed JPME I, JPME II and a Joint Tour – highly desired.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the operational level of warfare, and the naval operational planning process.
- Graduate of Navy (or other service) operational planning course highly desired.
- Experience working on senior planning staffs including JCS, DOD, and combatant commands (desired).
- Having graduated from an advanced military operational planning educational program (Joint Military Operations / Advanced Warfare Schools) strongly desired.
- Having served on training and education staffs with experience in developing course curriculum desired.
Graduate degree in Ops Analysis, Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business Analytics desired
Skills and Abilities
- Strong teaching skills.
- Strong background leading and supporting collaborative efforts and mastery of staffing/coordination processes
- Supplementing superior analytical skills, substantive ability to manage and grasp large amounts of data and convert to useful, relevant information
- Microsoft (MS) applications proficiencies to support professional quality briefs, reports, and papers, etc.
Commensurate with education and experience
Apply to this Job