Opening: Junior Network Engineer
Brunswick, GA - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies is seeking full time, on-site Network Engineers in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Glynco, Georgia. Network Engineers manage the purchase, installation, and support of FLETC Enterprise LAN/WAN systems. They plan, design, develop, install, modify, and test FLETC networks, provide recommendations on differing networking implementations and designs, and effectively collaborate with senior technical and staff users in a hands-on consultative role on supported projects and tasks.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware.
- Plan large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Establish networking environments by designing system configuration, directing systems installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting FLETC Enterprise Network problems and outages, and collaborating with network system administrators and/or network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Report network status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Collaborate with network team engineers, System Engineers, equipment vendors, and other personnel to identify, define, and solve trending or developmental problems.
- CCNA or better certification desired
- CompTIA Security+ desired
- CompTIA Network+ desired
AS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Information Technology, or related field. BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of directly related experience desired. Previous experience with FLETC a plus.
- Hands on experience with internetworking equipment including configuration, installation and/or troubleshooting required.
Must pass a background check and be a US citizen. Prior DoD clearance preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess knowledge of network principles, protocols, and design to evaluate and provide optimal network performance.
- Prepare technical recommendations to Infrastructure Change Control Board (ICCB) packets and coordinate recommendations with local, OneNet, and DC personnel and, when necessary, implement changes correctly during network rollouts.
- Implement operational network systems and prototypes according to current and future engineering data and Government requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with network team engineers, System Engineers, equipment vendors, and other personnel to identify, define, and solve trending or developmental problems.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and resolve technical issues with OneNet Engineering personnel within the entire DHS network topology including the DHS Data Centers (DC).
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job