Opening: Joint Military Operations Subject Matter Expert and Analyst
Newport, RI - Full Time - Posted April 15, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Joint Military Operations Subject Matter Expert and Analyst located in Newport, RI. The successful candidate will provide Subject Matter Expertise in Joint Military Operations policy planning and joint service, multinational, and coalition defense issues. Provide expertise in joint operations, and participate in joint operational research, analysis and education.
- Provide support to the NWC academic enterprise, including support for curriculum development, curriculum modification, and classroom instruction to assist NWC in its mission to provide students with a better understanding of emerging strategic and operational challenges for joint operations.
- Participate in workgroups, exercises, experiments, and wargames to integrate Joint Force capabilities and requirements, support CONOPs development, CBA, and Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System documentation, including using constructed scenarios and vignettes, data collection, data reduction, and analysis, and prepare reports and briefing materials.
- Provide support to NWC research programs, including: research and analysis support on subjects of current and future concern to the joint operational community.
- Support Executive Education programs, which are designed to develop senior naval leaders. This effort will provide research and analysis support for the development of leadership curriculum, including advanced joint operational planning scenarios.
- Develop studies and present oral and written reports, discussion papers, research papers and articles on specific analytic issues. These efforts may involve development of studies, surveys, content analysis, data collection and analysis for focus groups, seminars and conferences.
- Must be Joint Qualified – completed JPME I, JPME II and a Joint Tour.
- Having graduated from an advanced military operational planning educational program (Joint Military Operations / Advanced Warfare Schools) strongly desired.
- Having served on training and education staffs with experience in developing course curriculum desired.
Graduate degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business Analytics
- Experience working on senior planning staffs including JCS, DOD, and combatant commands (desired).
- Previous military experience and experience working with echelon two military commands
Skills and Abilities
- Strong background leading and supporting collaborative efforts and mastery of staffing/coordination processes
- Broad staff experience and mastery over select requirements, resourcing, and acquisition processes supporting the PPBE
- Supplementing superior analytical skills, substantive ability to manage and grasp large amounts of data and convert to useful, relevant information
- Microsoft (MS) applications proficiencies to produce professional quality briefs, reports, and papers, etc.
Commensurate with education and experience
Apply to this Job