Opening: General Database Administrator I
Keyport, WA - Full Time - Posted March 30, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site General Database Administrator in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division (NUWC Keyport), located in Keyport, WA. The ideal candidate will administrate the organization's database, using the database management system to organize and store data. Ascertains user requirements, creates computer databases, and tests and coordinates changes. Interacts with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Create and maintain development, test, and production databases including primary storage structures and objects.
- Perform capacity planning, database tuning and optimization, system resource planning and allocation, and implementation of backup and recovery strategies.
- Control and monitor user access to the database. Implement and enforce appropriate security protocols in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) standards.
- Provide technical support to application development teams.
- Perform evaluation and implementation of new database technologies. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with availability, performance, and integrity of the databases.
- Experience with database standards and industry methodologies.
- Awarded and current certification(s) sufficient to be designated an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II or higher in accordance with DoD 8570 requirements.
Four-Year or higher Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree
- Required: A minimum of five years of dedicated database administration experience can substitute for the education requirement.
- Desired: A minimum of three years of experience in database systems and database administration including design and development.*
DoD Top Secret
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Upon award of contract.
Apply to this Job