Dayton, OH - Full Time - Posted November 29, 2022
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Journeyman Environmental Scientist in support of the AFRL-RX support contract, located at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and perform the following responsibilities:
• Supports RXOE/IMMO as a member of the Environmental Safety and Organizational Health (ESOH) team in the management of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
• Hazardous waste management support shall include identifying, characterizing, containerizing and properly storing all hazardous materials including purge materials, unknowns and high hazard materials.
• Document and keep current all required hazardous waste disposal information to include performing compliance inspections and entering information into applicable databases.
• Hazardous material management support shall include receiving, in-processing and delivering chemical containers and compressed gas cylinders.
• Document and keep current all required hazardous material documentation to include performing compliance inspections entering information into physical inventory of all hazardous materials.
• Plan for and coordinate Site Specific Spill procedures and keep information current. • Ensures environmental compliance throughout multiple laboratories via various tasks: o Hazardous Waste classification o Pick-up facilitation and removal o Hazardous Material storage, inventory, barcode tracking, and delivery • Database upkeep for Integrated Material Management System (IMMS) and Enterprise Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Management milSuite (EESOH-MIS) • Weekly inspections of waste generation and storage points; Incident Action Plans (IAPs) • Miscellaneous duties include laboratory support and guidance to researchers and employees (i.e. gas cylinders and universal waste).
• U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response certification.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint and Google Suite products.
• Multi-tasker with ability to track and complete several projects at the same time.
• Self-motivated, able to take simple direction and expand upon idea/suggestion.
• Communication Skills: Ability to engage with executive level leadership across functions and organizations. • Understanding of Project Management • Proficient at reviewing/editing senior level documentation • Analytical Skills: evaluate data in order to find ways to improve the environment • Problem Solving Skills • Attention to detail
• One of the following certifications preferred
o Registered Environmental Scientist
o Certified Environmental and Safety Compliance Officer
Bachelor of Science in a biological/physical science
• Minimum 3 years of experience preferred • Laboratory/research experience
Secret Clearance preferred or at minimum be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance required
Commensurate with education and experience
15 December 2022Apply to this Job