Monterey, CA - Full Time - Posted September 29, 2020
Overview: The Naval Postgraduate School Center for Homeland Defense and Security (CHDS) has been the nation’s premier provider of Homeland Security education since 2002. Housed within CHDS, the in-residence Executive Education Program offers customized homeland security graduate-level courses for senior-level government and private sector officials on the campus of the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA. CHDS is seeking a Content Manager to support our Learning Systems and Educational Programs. This junior-level position will assist in updating webpages, building dynamic learning materials, basic image editing for digital use, and basic coding to support our efforts in strengthening our national security leadership programs.
What we need: The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, goal-oriented team player who has excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good sense of layout and design, plus an awareness of current trends in the communication and web industry. A candidate with basic working knowledge in Photoshop, web standards based HTML5/CSS3 coding and WordPress is important. Must be capable of assisting in managing users and content in a CMS, writing and formatting emails, and basic data management.
• Bachelor’s degree or similar experience in marketing, communications or journalism.
• Communication, content strategy, SEO and CMS experience (WordPress preferred) with an understanding of digital advertising, current web design practices and standards.
• Strong computer literacy with web and mobile layout design experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, HTML5/CSS3, Trello and Slack. • Creative thinker who can communicate openly, address client feedback in a professional manner, meet project and messaging goals and respect deadlines. • Experience or background with government, military, security, defense, education or writing is a big plus. • Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English proficiently
• Bachelor’s degree
• Applicant must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to pass a background check and obtain a Security Clearance
• Competitive salaryApply to this Job