Opening: Cyber Operations Engineer
Keyport, WA - Full Time - Posted March 30, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Cyber Operations Engineer in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division (NUWC Keyport), located in Keyport, WA. The Candidate will assist in deploying and maintaining the company wide information security program alongside with other business units. This cyber security program includes security operations, incident response, vulnerability management, identity management, network/server/cloud security, disaster recovery, risk management, security policies & procedures, blue team efforts (defensive solutions and monitoring efforts), red team efforts (offensive attack simulation), and security compliance requirements.
- Perform advanced vulnerability assessment and analysis of systems and applications during all phases of the system life cycle.
- This includes: analyze developed and procured software code for security vulnerabilities; conduct penetration testing of software and evaluate security programs; perform information operations support, including cyber security engineering for applications and
- systems and the review and evaluation of cyber security related policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to analyze developed and procured software code for security vulnerabilities and/or conduct penetration testing of software with or without automated tools.
- Awarded and current certification(s) sufficient to be designated an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II or higher in accordance with DoD 8570 requirements.
- Prior experience as a Linux or Windows systems engineer or systems programmer
- Expertise with Python, C#, or similar language
- Advanced knowledge and experience with firewall and network configurations
- Prior knowledge of intrusion detection and prevention
- Ability to lead red team exercises
- Ability to teach security coding practices based on OWASP standards
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture across multiple platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Expertise in Linux and Windows system administration and monitoring
- Experience designing secure network architectures
- Strong experience managing access and identity
- Required: A minimum of four years of experience performing advanced information operations/cyber security functions that include advanced vulnerability assessment(s) and cyber threat analysis of systems and applications with or without automated tool
- Desired: A minimum of one year of experience with any or all of the following DoD Cybersecurity assessment and compliance tools: (1) eMASS, (2) Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and (3) Host Based Security System (HBSS)
DoD Top Secret
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Upon award of contract.
Apply to this Job