Opening: Computer User Support Specialist I
Keyport, WA - Full Time - Posted March 30, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Computer User Support Specialist 1 in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division (NUWC Keyport), located in Keyport, WA. The Computer Support Specialist devises and executes the solutions for workstation hardware and software issues or for segments of more complex software /hardware problems. The position assists with the installation and support of new and upgraded workstation hardware and software and ensures its integrity and optimal operation. This position assists with recommending, implementing and documenting new hardware and software solutions that improve the computing experience.
- Operate and monitor on-site Tier 2 IT Support operations. Advocate for the customer through ticket resolution and closure for all escalated tickets.
- Provide analytical and technical on-site support for the operations of desktop/laptop computers, workstations, and peripherals on corporate hardware within unclassified and classified environments.
- Design, develop, and maintain installations of a variety of client operating systems including, but not limited to activities associated with the investigation of new operating systems, deployment and installation techniques and options, the maintenance and updates for new and existing operating systems, the configuration of the many different components of the workstation operating system to provide for reliable and stable integration into the Keyport environment
- Assist the Assistant Contract Technical Representative (ACTR) in the ordering, delivery, and troubleshooting of Next Generation
- Enterprise Network/ Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NGEN/NMCI) services including user accounts, computers, software, and peripherals.
- Manage and schedule the daily operation of Keyport’s corporate Video Teleconferencing systems, that are composed of Keyport owned and NMCI systems. Schedule, setup, and troubleshoot unclassified and classified corporate Video Teleconferencing (VTC) sessions. Maintain VTC room access and usage logs.
- Provide monthly metrics on VTC’s total number of sessions including successful and unsuccessful events
- Support IT asset management activities in accordance with applicable Intelligence Community (IC) and DoD policies, instructions and guidance. Perform IT asset management activities to support the processes of inventory, IT receiving, re-use, and disposal.
- Thorough knowledge in the configuration, deployment and troubleshooting Microsoft desktop Operating Systems, desktop productivity applications, desktop defense tools,
- Microsoft Active Directory account management and permissions, basic network connectivity troubleshooting.
- CompTIA Security + and/or ISC2 SSCP, Current Microsoft Desktop and Server OS Certification
- Desired: ITIL Foundation Certification
- Required: A minimum of four years of experience in the management and resolution of Tier 2 levels IT Support Services tickets
DoD Top Secret
Commensurate with education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date
Upon award of contract.
Apply to this Job