Opening: Business Development Director
Beavercreek, OH - Full Time - Posted June 3, 2019
Creek Technologies Company in Beavercreek, OH, is looking for a dynamic and successful Business Development Director to join our rapidly growing company. The Business Development Director will be responsible for identifying business opportunities in accordance with the strategic vision of the company, developing and updating the opportunity pipeline, managing strategic capture efforts, and building teams for individual engagements. The Business Development Director will lead development activities leveraging CreekTech’s multitude of contracts and vehicles encompassing U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, DHS, and other federal agencies and departments. The candidate must have a successful track record in capture planning, capture execution, and winning IT professional-based services. Candidate must also have experience in market assessment/strategic planning for Federal government customers. In addition, the ideal candidate will have captured opportunities in other lines of business such as higher education and logistics-based service engagements.
- Maintain understanding of the Federal and DoD marketplace, buying trends, and capabilities for the IT labor services market within the Federal Agency arena.
- Develop and/or manage relationships between Creek Technologies Company and new or existing customers by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders throughout the market or customer community.
- Manage existing key partnerships and further develop pre-existing opportunities.
- C-Level selling and relationship building experience – both business and IT organizations.
- Able to work with clients to craft innovative solutions to address client problems and issues.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment both internally and externally.
- Create and communicate value propositions.
- Develop accounts through serving as a trusted advisor to executives rather than through traditional sales models.
- Design, scope, and sell innovative, business-focused IT solutions to prospects and clients via integration of our services, solutions, and capabilities.
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy based on knowledge of corporate objectives and market characteristics.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or ROI and profit-loss projections.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Define product or service offerings.
- Analyze business developments and monitor market trends, initiate market research studies and/or analyze their findings.
- Travel, as required, to prospective and existing customer facilities.
- Participate in professional/trade association activities, customer events and federal government meetings.
- Minimum of BS/BA or equivalent with 10+ years of experience in business development, capture and/or operations; PMP or ITIL v3 Foundation certification a plus; master’s degree preferred.
- 8 – 10 years of demonstrated success selling IT services to DoD, DHS, and other Federal Agencies and departments or in a similar role such as business development, capture manager specifically for IT services within Federal Agencies.
- Experience and success leading customer engagements and strategic pursuits.
- Dynamic, success driven, entrepreneurial self-starter with the innate drive to win.
- Extensive experience increasing service opportunities with at least one of the CreekTech’s Federal lines of business.
- Thorough understanding of complex Federal government procurement requirements and processes.
- Proven track record of developing key relationships with IT service partners.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully identify and qualify prospective teaming partners.
- Able to capture business successfully from new and vetted customers.
- Able to manage all aspects of the BD lifecycle from account identification, penetration, pursuit strategy, and contracting.
- Perform as a team player and motivate teams to support capture of new opportunities.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions in assessing business opportunities.
- Proven ability to build and grow revenue in accounts.
- Effective communication skills and leadership qualities, capable of influencing and convincing others to fully engage and contribute.
- Experience providing insight and contributing to writing winning proposals and responses to Federal Task Orders, RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and Sources Sought.
- Experience addressing the needs of Federal agencies.
- Aware of information technology trends and their application to the Federal Government (e.g., cloud, BI, IA).
- Able to evaluate company past performance and past performance of subcontractors to maximize award potential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Understanding of Federal procurement business platforms such as: GovWin, FedBizOpps, GSA eBUY, Alliant and Alliant SB, GSA PSS, and others.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated with strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional relationship development skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and perform multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proactive in collaborating with internal stakeholders and building support.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to complete assignments correctly, independently, and in a timely manner.
- Experience in creating, editing, and providing inputs for proposal content.
- Experience with operations and industry trends.
BA/BS required; master’s degree preferred.
Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret or Top-Secret clearance.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful, this candidate must have the capabilities identified above and must be able to skillfully perform all duties in order to increase BD iniatives.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply to this Job