Opening: Applications Programmer
Fort Eustis, VA - Full Time - Posted April 1, 2020
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a full time, on-site Applications Programmer in support of the Lifelong Learning Center (LLC) Technical Support for the Army Training Support Center, located in Fort Eustis, VA, Fort Gordon, GA, Fort Leavenworth, KS, and Fort Leonard Wood, MO. The successful candidate will possess the abilities and experiences to program computers, develop, runs test, and maintain current computer programs that provide instructions computers must follow to perform their function.
- Develops, designs, and tests logical structure for solving problems by computers.
- Writes programs according to specifications, which may be provided by Software Engineers, Systems Analysts, or other computer scientists.
- Updates, repairs, modifies, and expands existing computer programs.
- Converts data from project specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or modify computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Prepares, or receives from systems analyst or other computer scientist, flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Analyzes workflow chart and diagram, applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Confers with supervisor and representatives of departments concerned with program to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- Familiarity with military domains (.mil, aka NIPRNET)
- Learning Content Management System (LCMS) (Blackboard Learn™) application programming interface (API) and building blocks
- Analyze requirements, add and modifying Personal Home Page (PHP) scripts, new PHP modules and seaming those scripts to tables and queries within the databases
- Assists with the preparation of documentation on system and domain operations as well as with creating policies and procedures for Government review and approval
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 – 10 year’s relevant experience
- Ability to create rich and interactive web-user experiences within a CMS (Liferay, WordPress) Requirements
- Strong development experience in a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience using jQuery plugins, HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Experience with Alloy UI (preferred) or Bootstrap is a plus
- Experience with hands-on CMS development experience (hooks, themes, and portlets experience beneficial as well). Development with Liferay preferred.
- Experience developing layouts and themes in a CMS. Liferay IDE experience preferred.
- Experience with administration, configuration management, debugging, and performance tuning of CMS applications. Liferay experience preferred.
- Experience performing CMS portal customization with hooks and EXT plugins. Liferay IDE experience preferred.
- Understanding of APIs definition and hookup
- Experience with advanced responsive web programming using libraries like Senna.js, Angular.js, jQuery and Bootstrap
DoD Secret; Some positions may require up to a Top-Secret
Commensurate with education and experience
Apply to this Job