Brunswick, GA | Full-time
CREEK TECHNOLOGIES is seeking full time, on-site Network Engineers in support of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) located in Glynco, Georgia. Network Engineers manage the purchase, installation, and support of FLETC Enterprise LAN/WAN systems. They plan, design, develop, install, modify, and test FLETC networks, provide recommendations on different networking implementations and designs, and effectively collaborate with senior technical and staff users in a hands-on consultative role on supported projects and tasks.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware.
- Plan large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration, directing systems installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting FLETC Enterprise Network problems and outages, and collaborating with network system administrators and/or network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Report Network status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Collaborate with network team engineers, System Engineers, equipment vendors, and other personnel to identify, define, and solve trending or developmental problems.
- CCNA or better certification desired
- CompTIA Security+ desired
- CompTIA Network+ desired
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess knowledge of network principles, protocols, and design to evaluate and provide optimal network performance.
- Prepare technical recommendations to Infrastructure Change Control Board (ICCB) packets and coordinate recommendations with local, OneNet, and DC personnel and, when necessary, implement changes correctly during network rollouts.
- Implement operational network systems and prototypes according to current and future engineering data and Government requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with network team engineers, System Engineers, equipment vendors, and other personnel to identify, define, and solve trending or developmental problems.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and resolve technical issues with OneNet Engineering personnel within the entire DHS network topology including the DHS Data Centers (DC).
- AS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Information Technology, or related field.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of directly related experience desired. Previous experience with FLETC a plus.
- Hands on experience with internetworking equipment including configuration, installation and/or troubleshooting required.
Must pass a background check and be a US citizen. Prior DoD clearance preferred.
Commensurate with education and experience.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: