Beavercreek, OH | Full-time
Creek Technologies is seeking a full time, on-site Oracle Database Administrator to provide technical direction and engineering knowledge for database support activities. Support will be provided to the Enterprise Information Technology Support Services (EITSS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) in Brunswick, Georgia. The successful candidate will be customer-focused, responsive, reliable, and detail-oriented with solid leadership, technical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Work productively, independently, multi-task and manage priorities effectively.
- Experience in the design, install, configure, backup, administer, manage, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose, test, monitor, and documentation all Oracle Servers.
- Providing technical guidance on new database solutions that could help to optimize current and/or future applications/systems.
- Providing database technical guidance and DBA support for application development.
- Providing database tuning to improve the overall performance.
- Providing Oracle Server general user and administrative support.
- Monitoring and maintaining database files and reviewing audit logs to identify potential issues.
- Ensuring that database sizes, drive space, I/0 throughput, memory utilization, and logs are properly maintained to maximize system security, performance levels, and availability.
- Identification and migration of the legacy data assets into newly designed databases.
- Understanding of supporting database systems that have been relocated to a public or private cloud.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Security + strongly desired.
Oracle DAC for 11G or better certification desired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Experience working with FLETC desired.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in computer science, system analysis or a related field required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Minimum of five years of hands-on design and implementation of databases in Oracle 11G is required.
Permanent resident status required, US Citizen with Active Secret Security Clearance strongly preferred.
Commensurate with education and experience.
ANTICIPATED START DATE:
01 January 2019